Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fear of Failure: Watch Out for that Bus


Jasmin H posted a thoughtful and enjoyable article on February 25th in Pen & Pad Publishing.  It got me to thinking about my own nervousness at making and following through with a decision to publish, or pressing "SEND." She frets about her inability to employ logic as a means of knowing, and worries about not landing on her feet.
When to Press Send

Here is my partial response:
And what if we don't land on our feet? It's not as though a bus squashes our momentarily prostrate form. I've felt the electric moment also, hovering anxiously over the button, teetering over the abyss to everyone and no one. But upon reflexion inspired by your writing, if the very elite, who often miss-step and set off a riot of protest, survive, even flourish, then so can you and I.
... and I did it.  I landed on my face instead of my feet, but I refuse to fall on my sword.  I used "reflexion" when I should have used "reflection." Turns out that the former is an old English form of the word, or more frequently used in a scientific context.  Sigh...well I am old, and perhaps it fits in that context.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments and time.

Yours,
Marty Sonders

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home